[VOA] Mogadishu, Somalia — The Somali Journalists Syndicate has condemned police in the breakaway region of Somaliland for briefly detaining five journalists with the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) on Saturday. BBC broadcasts in Somaliland remained off the air Monday following a ban imposed last week by authorities.
- East Africa: Uganda in Fresh Bid to Ease the Doing of Business in the Region
- Brazil election goes to second round
- The responsibility of the leaders of nations
- Ethiopia: Gambella Region Rejects Rights Commission’s Report, Calls It ‘Irresponsible’
- Somalia: Somalia Teetering On the Edge of Famine – UN #AfricaClimateCrisis