[allAfrica] Geneva — Inequity has plagued the responses to harmful pathogens. Take Covid-19: an unprecedented 11.9 billion vaccine doses have been administered worldwide, helping many countries turn the tide on the pandemic. Yet more than 80% of people in Africa have not received one dose, some 18 months since the first person was vaccinated. As long as this gap exists, we can’t protect the world against new virus variants and end the acute stage of this pandemic.
- Caritas Algeria ends its activities in Algeria.
- Uganda: Stressed Traders Beg Parliament to Intervene As Taxes Drive Them Out of Business
- Cardinal Roche pays tribute to Queen Elizabeth at Mass of Remembrance
- Vatican to host international meeting on “Sport for All”
- Latvia: Bethlehem House at the service of the poor and needy