[DW] Authorities say they rescued 106 hostages after al-Shabab militants blasted their way into the Hayat Hotel in Mogadishu. The building was recaptured after a 30-hour siege.
- Caritas Algeria ends its activities in Algeria.
- Uganda: Stressed Traders Beg Parliament to Intervene As Taxes Drive Them Out of Business
- Cardinal Roche pays tribute to Queen Elizabeth at Mass of Remembrance
- Vatican to host international meeting on “Sport for All”
- Latvia: Bethlehem House at the service of the poor and needy