[Dabanga] Khartoum / Darfur — Around 226,200 people have been affected as torrential rains and flash floods continue to wreak havoc across Sudan. The Coordination of the Darfur Camps for Displaced People and Refugees report dire humanitarian conditions due to ongoing heavy rains during the month of August.
- Caritas Algeria ends its activities in Algeria.
- Uganda: Stressed Traders Beg Parliament to Intervene As Taxes Drive Them Out of Business
- Cardinal Roche pays tribute to Queen Elizabeth at Mass of Remembrance
- Vatican to host international meeting on “Sport for All”
- Latvia: Bethlehem House at the service of the poor and needy