[State Department] The United States welcomes the opening statements in the trial of Félicien Kabuga at the Hague branch of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT), the successor mechanism to the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR). Indicted for genocide and crimes against humanity, Kabuga is accused of acting as the primary financier of the militia and political groups that perpetrated the genocide in Rwanda in 1994.
- Former South African ambassador to the Holy See, George Johannes, has died.
- Pope Francis: It’s never too late to begin again
- The hidden message in ancient ‘O Antiphons’ of Advent
- The mighty Mississippi was once named ‘River of the Immaculate Conception.’ Here’s why
- Sin, cheap grace, and John the Baptist